Skip To Content
:::

The Tamsui Customs Wharf

Font size:
S
M
L
The Tamsui Customs WharfThe Tamsui Customs Wharf

The Tamsui Customs Wharf consists of 3 main sites – the customs house, consular residences, and dock. The construction of the dock and wharf started from the Qing dynasty to the period of Japanese rule, when the wharf was completed. During the period of Japanese Rule, the piers, disembarkation landings, berths for vessels, and dry docks were built. Wharf buildings, 3 inspection depots, warehouses, and military barracks were also constructed. 

 

In 1945, the goverance of Tamsui Customs Wharf changed from Japanese authorities to the Republic of China government. The Haiguang Artists Labor Team, River Coast Guard Unites, and R.O.C. Navy Sea Serpents/Fast Attack Boat Group were all stationed in the area. In 2000, New Taipei City designated Tamsui Customs Wharf as a monument and the area became a park after restoration.

The

Open HoursPlease click here
Directions and TransportationPlease click here

Google Map

相關圖片

Tree & river
TOP